Book your peak district cottage
Live availability and instant booking
For the best rates book Maigold Cottage or Albertine Cottage direct with us. Select your dates below and receive instant confirmation. If you wish to discuss anything, please call or email.
Know before you book
Our Terms and Conditions
Once you have checked availability please contact us by phone or e-mail to confirm the dates you require are still available. We endeavour to keep our Vacancy Calendar up to date.
When you have confirmation, verbally or written, we will send you our standard Booking Form that contains all booking and payment details and our Booking Terms and conditions.
Please complete and return to the address shown on the booking form by post or email, along with deposit or full payment if within six weeks of your stay.
Middle Farm Holiday Cottages – Booking Terms and Conditions – (Applies to all bookings made on or after 21/02/2021.)
- A booking is a contract between the Customer (you – the person making the booking) and we (the Owners of Middle Farm Holiday Cottages).
- No contract shall exist between the Customer and the Owners until a completed booking form and a deposit of 50% of the total charge has been received. The booking will then be confirmed in writing by email or post. We can provide details for a Bacs bank transfer and cheques should be made payable to Middle Farm Holiday Cottages. Costs are inclusive of all local taxes, heating, and electricity.
- The property is hired on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the Client or any person allowed into the property by him/her.
- Telephone and email reservations will be held for up to 3 days pending receipt of booking form and deposit.
- The full balance of the total amount is payable no later than 6 weeks before the arrival date. Bookings made within 6 weeks of arrival must make full payment with the completed booking form. A security bond of £200 (Albertine) and £100 (Maigold) is also payable at balance or full stage. This is refunded within 10 days of departure subject to cottage being left in a satisfactory condition, “fair wear and tear” excluded.
- One well behaved pet can be brought by arrangement at a cost of £30. Please ensure it is kept off the furniture, is not allowed in the bedrooms, and is never left alone in the property. We also ask that in Albertine Barn you keep the bottom stair gate closed, so that it cannot access the upstairs areas.
- The property will be ready from 4pm on arrival day and must be vacated by 10am on departure day (unless otherwise agreed). Weekly bookings are normally on a Friday-to-Friday basis although a different day may be arranged out of season or in special circumstances.
- On departure, the Customer is expected to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition as found on arrival. The Customer is responsible for the cost of any damage done to the property and its contents. The number of people occupying the property must not exceed the number stated on the booking form or the maximum number stated on the website.
- The use of the accommodation and amenities is entirely at the risk of those occupying the property. No responsibility can be accepted for injury or for the loss or damage to the Customers’ possessions. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any car or its contents.
- The Owner shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for inspection, repair, or maintenance purposes.
- In the event of cancellation the following will apply:
a/ If your booking has to be cancelled because Middle Farm Holiday Cottages is put under Government Restrictions and has to close, and the period of closure covers Your booking You will be refunded in full.
b/ In the event that Your given address is put into Local/Regional Lockdown, rendering You unable to travel, and the period of restriction covers your booking You will be refunded in full.
c/ If your booking has to be cancelled because Middle Farm Holiday Cottages has to close through “Force Majeure”, meaning any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, including but not limited to: (i) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (ii) epidemic or pandemic; (iii) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (v) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (vi) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent; (vii) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (viii) non-performance by our suppliers or contractors; and (ix) failure of utility service, and the period of closure covers Your booking You will be refunded in full.
d/ Customer inability (or the inability of any, some or all Your intended party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at Middle Farm Holiday Cottages for any reason.
This includes – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at Your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless We are able to re-let the property, other than according to the sliding scale below. You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
e/ Cancellations must be notified to Middle Farm Holiday Cottages by phone and email and once received in writing we will confirm the cancellation request.
f/ Middle Farm Holiday Cottages will apply the scale shown in the table below to bookings that determine the amount of the charge, which shall be a percentage of the total cost of the holiday.
|Number of days before start of holiday that notification of cancellation is received*||The percentage of total booking value payable by the Customer|
More than 60 days
5% of the booking cost
|43 to 59 days||40% of the booking cost|
|30 – 42 days||50% of the booking cost|
|15 – 29 days||75% of the booking cost|
|3 – 14 days
0 – 2 days
|90% of the booking cost
100% of the booking cost
To ensure speedy receipt, and thereby processing, of cancellations, Middle Farm Holiday Cottages recommends that the Customer sends written notification of cancellation by email requesting confirmed receipt. The effective date of cancellation is when written notification is received by Middle Farm Holiday Cottages. Any amounts due for refunding will be made within 14 Days.
g/ On receipt of the cancellation, the above Chart states the amount that the Customer remains liable for at that point in time. Middle Farm Holiday Cottages will then use reasonable endeavours to obtain a replacement booking. In the event that Middle Farm Holiday Cottages is successful in obtaining a replacement booking, Middle Farm Holiday Cottages will refund to the Customer the total amount paid by the Customer for the booking less the 5% booking fee and less the difference in price between the Customers’ booking and the replacement booking if one is made.
For example: A £1000 booking, fully paid, cancelled, and relet for £900, means that the original Customer will be refunded as follows, £1000 – 5% administration fee equals £950, – £100 rebooking shortfall, = Refund of £850.
h/ It is the responsibility of the Customer to acquire suitable travel insurance for themselves and their party to cover the booking. Middle Farm Holiday Cottages strongly recommends that the Customer acquires suitable insurance to cover circumstances beyond the Customers’ control such as, but not limited to, jury duty, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, military service, illness – including Covid and shielding, family emergencies and travel delays.
Covid is also now a known risk and it is possible for you to insure your holiday against it. This can include the customer or any of the party having Covid, the customer or any of the party having to isolate or quarantine, or you wishing to shield any Members of the party.
There are several options which include cover for Covid related cancellations available from organisations like Trailfinders: https://www.trailfinders.com/insurance#/step1 or https://www.coverwise.co.uk/Travel-Insurance/corona-virus.aspx or www.gocompare.com
- The Owners reserves the right not to accept a booking or to refuse entry if any of the booking conditions are not met.
- Comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome. Please take up a complaint immediately with the Owners so that the problem can be rectified as soon as possible. We are unable to deal with any complaints that are made after the Customer’s departure from the property.
- Middle Farm Holiday cottages are strictly non-smoking properties.